Section One: Key Findings
A summary of notable observations from the survey.
Section Two: Compensation
A high-level overview of compensation structures coupled with a highly granular view of base and cash bonuses segmented by:
- Years of experience
- Function (sales, consultant relations, investor relations, product specialist, leadership roles)
- Firm type (diversified, multi-product alternatives, traditional, hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity, private credit, infrastructure, real estate and placement agents)
- Individual contributor or player/coach
Compensation is illustrated using scatter graphs of individual data points as well as mean, median and ranges for different levels of experience. Sample size are offered within each section
for full transparency.
Section Three: The Hiring Environment
An exploration of the current trends shaping hiring activity within different firm types and roles within distribution including satisfaction levels with compensation, hiring activity levels in different global regions, elements influencing job moves in 2020 and the impact of COVID-19,
Section Four: Capital Raising
An exploration of capital raising levels per fundraiser by firm type, firm AUM and years of experience.
Section Five: Insights
Two essays representing Willow Hill’s most relevant thought leadership to the current environment:
- Capital Raising and Investor Relations: Best Practices for Engagement
- Navigating the Path to Leadership